Last month I wrote about six items downtown Austin could significantly benefit from. It’s a slow news morning, so I thought I would re-post the links together. Politicians love to talk, form task forces, and spend time doing everything except for making decisions as they are needed. So, this is an appeal to Downtown Austin stakeholders that know how to get things done: the residents, developers, retailers, and land owners.
This is what we need:
1) Super Target on Congress Ave. (link)
2) Hardware store on Congress Ave. (link)
3) More bodega grocers (link)
4) Move social services away from Sixth Street (link)
5) Improved landmark protection and design standards (link)
6) Urban Rail (link)