Lot’s of news coming out of downtown Austin.
- A very nice slide show of a finished out Austonian residence. This will no doubt become one of their model units. Back in November, the Austonian team invited Downtown Austin Blog to take some interior pics. You can see those here. BTW, the first Austonian closing is scheduled for June 7th. (!)
- Texas Facilities Commission has big plans for the Capitol complex over the next couple of decades. They are calling for more dense development surrounding the Capitol with enough square footage to fill 13 Frost Bank towers.
- The re-envisioned Block 51 development is gaining new traction. A 28 story condominium and 16 story office building could replace the surface level parking lot just west of the downtown Austin post office.
- It appears that Aquaterra is prepping to break ground. Perhaps re-branded, and as an apartment building rather than a condominium.
- The Austin Convention Center is facing a potential cash shortage. More downtown hotel space is needed in order to recruit more and bigger conventions.