The news didn’t stop to take a breath this week, at least as it relates to downtown Austin. Lots of announcements, lots of speculation. These are the stories we’re following.
1) 219 West is moving from Warehouse district to West 6th Street, into the old Union Park space. (link)
2) In “how will they fit it in there?” news: a proposed tower between Shoal Creek and Spring Condos, behind Tiniest Bar In Texas. (link) UPDATE: Zoning change approved (link)
3) The White Lodging Hotel on Congress Ave isn’t the only proposed hotel. In fact, there’s another player looking at the lot next to the Palm School, and they are not seeking any fee waivers. (link)
4) Austin City Council delays vote on the White Lodging (“Mega Hotel”) fee waivers. (link)
5) Permanent supportive housing should not be placed near other social services (link)
6) Gables Republic Park says they won’t build soon, or at least until Travis County gets a clear vision on its new downtown courthouse site. (link)