It’s for real this time. Planned in 2006 as a sister development to the Shore Condos, which shares the southern part of the site, the Hotel Van Zandt was originally going to be a $100 million, 29-story hotel and condo tower. The scope of the development was reduced to 16 stories and will include just the hotel.
JMI, the developer of the hotel, told the ABJ in March that June was their target month to break ground. Bulldozers began clearing the site this morning.
Here are target dates for the construction:
- Start date: July 2, 2013
- Subterranean excavation now through November 2013
- Install tower crane in October of 2013
- Concrete structural frame of hotel: Up to ground level in January 2014
- Pool deck level poured in March 2014
- Building tops out at level 16 in July 2014
- Construction Completion in March 2015