ACL Road Closures – per the ACL Site (link):
Roads leading into the park area will close at 12:01 AM on Friday, October 12th, 2012 and will open again by 5:00AM on Monday, October 15th, 2012.
The following roads will be closed for ACL:
- Barton Springs Road at Robert E. Lee (Barton Springs Pool Parking accessible at Robert E. Lee Entrance)
- MoPac Frontage at Columbus Drive (No travel allowed into Zilker Park or Barton Springs Pool from this road)
- Stratford Drive at Nature Center Drive
What a great weekend to leave the car at home and hop on the bicycle, or take the ol’ leather express.
# # #
From: From the Public Information Office
Date: Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM
City prepares for Austin City Limits Festival
The City of Austin welcomes the 2009 Austin City Limits Music Festival. The three-day musical event, which expects crowds upwards of 65,000 people, runs Friday, Oct. 2 through Sunday, Oct. 4, at Zilker Park. Motorists should expect delays around the Zilker Park/Barton Springs Road area and throughout downtown. The following streets will be directly affected:
· West Fourth Street between Nueces and Guadalupe streets (full closure)
· Barton Springs Road between Columbus Street and Robert E. Lee Road (full closure)
· Stratford Drive between Nature Center Drive and Barton Springs Road (full closure)
· West Fifth Street between San Antonio and Guadalupe streets (right lane closed)
· Guadalupe Street between West Third and West Fifth streets (parking lane closed)
Road closures begin at midnight Thursday and continue through midnight Sunday. A street closure map is available for download at www.cityofaustin.org/specialevents/downloads/aclfest_map_100209.pdf
There is no parking available at the festival site. Festival goers are encouraged to bike, walk or shuttle to the park. The official ACL Web site lists several parking/transportation options at www.aclfestival.com/info/transportation, and a complete schedule and map of Capital Metro’s free ACL shuttle service is available at www.capmetro.org/news/news_detail.asp?id=7495.
# # #