[Image: The fabulous Driskill Hotel during the holidays. Photo credit to my pal and part-time Austinite, Trey Ratcliff. Check out www.stuckincustoms.com]
Just gleaned by one of my sources at a secret meeting of townie insiders today. Shhhhh. You lucky DAB mates are seeing it all here first! Be sure to key in on the important operative word: FREE. Mark your calendars now!
Chuys Parade DEC 1 – Congress Ave, Capitol to 1st. 9 AM
FREE — well, donation of a new unwrapped toy really appreciated
Holiday Stroll & Capitol Treelighting – Congress/11th DEC 1 PM
* “Santa” at the State Theater 6-9 PM – FREE
* Christmas Cartoons at Paramount 6-9 PM – FREE
* Sing Along at Capital Lawn 6-7 PM- FREE
* Tree Lighting at top of Congress 7 PM- FREE (sidenote: this will mark the debut of a rare new hi-tech tree that is a giant, artful, musical marvel to behold! trust me on this one)
* Austin Bike Zoo- Et Al festivities Congress Between 10th and 11th 7-9 PM – FREE
* Farmers Market and Gift Market 11th Street 6-9 PM – FREE
* Cookie Decorating 5-9 PM – Upstairs Old Bakery – FREE
* Ornament Make and Take upstairs and Music (Austin Samba School) on the Roof – ARTHOUSE 6-9 – FREE
* Ornament Make and Take on sidewalk – Mexicarte 6-9- FREE
* Live Music Event TBA – Frost Plaza 6-9 PM – FREE
Trail of Lights – Zilker Park Dec 16-23 – FREE!
The tradition is back! Thanks to private donations and Paul at RUNTEX it will be back like it used to be and FREE!
More lights than ever!
Details to follow, there will prob be shuttles etc.
Deck The District – 2nd Street District Dec 15-24th – FREE
A juried Holiday Window Walk and contest.
A great way to stroll some Xmas cheer anytime day or night and vote for fave windows done by college art students!
AUSTIN NEW YEARS EVE Dec 31st. Auditorium Shores 5-10 PM – FREE!!
Family friendly NYE celebration
Music by Del Castillo
Fireworks at 10
Yvette Rodgers says
I agree! I think the formula one will give Austin international exposue, which in turn should bring added tourism not only for future races but for any and all the events held here in Austin. The added traffic and noise may be a tad inconvenient, but a real boost to our local economy. I say, bring it on!
John Dawson says
. People that complain about this kind of thing…I get so sick of these kind of people. Their mouths are the only noise that annoys me. I had a helicopter over my house every 10 minutes and I was thrilled at all the great exposure and cash coming into the city this week!. My argument to all the complainers is – if you don’t like the noise, music, construction, and now helicopters – of a dynamic international city that Austin is becoming. Go move. There are a million places in the US with absolutely nothing happening right now and take your complaining with you. I hear Toledo Ohio has wonderul economic silence right now – and cheap housing to boot! And for the rest of us – this weekend with all its helicopters and fast car fans: WAY TO GO AUSTIN!!!!