And now a giant has arrived in the marketplace. You can now get 1 HOUR DELIVERY of everyday items to your downtown Austin condo or office, through the new Amazon Prime Now App.
You do have to be a member of Amazon Prime, and you have to download the app onto your phone.
Choose your item from the options on the app. Choose whether you want 1-hour delivery ($7.99/order) or 2-hour delivery at no additional charge. $15 minimum. Also, you should probably tip, though they say it isn’t required, but I’m guessing it’s expected by your delivery guy.
Here are five types of items that you can have Amazon deliver to you in 1 hour:
1. Nyquil (or other medicines). Say you are siiiiick and Royal Blue Grocery is a couple of blocks too far away. Well, heave a courier get you some NyQuil and throw in some Kleenex to hit your minimum.
2. In the midst of a home project and covered in paint or grime? Order your painter’s tape, picture hooks, and hammer right from your home.
3. Throwing a party and forgot some things? Have an Amazon courier bring over your plates, cups, and napkins (and a couple of snacks) while you prepare for your guests.
4. Out of pet food but don’t want to get in downtown rush-hour traffic? You guessed it, an Amazon courier will bring Fido or Kitty some food and treats.
5. A laptop. Because why not?